A Strong Security Portfolio
Slashing Cash Crimes in the UK
DNA is trusted by police and recognized by courts globally. No other form of evidence has withstood such scrutiny. Expert Witness Statements prove that DNA evidence can positively trace stained evidence to the source.
- For the first quarter of 2010, relative to the first quarter of 2009, our UK CViT customers indicated that cash attacks were down 75% and cash losses down 75%
- The elimination of a single CViT attack would pay for the cost of our DNA Protection program
- Our customers attribute the decrease of attacks to have been greatly assisted by the “Deterrent Value of SigNature® DNA”
- The return on their investment in SigNature DNA has been extraordinary
- Approximately 1,200 CViT boxes protected
- 114 convictions obtained
- Over 541 sentence years where SigNature DNA has been used as evidence
CViT Case Study: A DNA-Based Cash-in-Transit Solution
Loomis chose to use SigNature DNA because it offers far superior qualities in comparison to other taggants. Loomis won an award for its use of SigNature DNA from the International Association of Currency Affairs at their 2008 conference in Prague for “Best New Product, Process or Currency System.”
Loomis UK, a world leading cash-handling company that moves over £150 billion in cash annually, uses Applied DNA Sciences’ (APDN) SigNature® DNA to protect its cash boxes.
With the downturn in the global economy, cash-in-transit (CIT) crime is on the rise. In the U.K. alone, there is an estimated £500 billion being transported each year, or £1.4 billion per day.