Anti-Counterfeiting Protection for Bearings
Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF)
Single Authentication Technology for Multiple High-Risk Commodities (HQ0147-14-C-8019)
- Work conducted with guidance of DLA SMEs and commercial industry partners.
- Demonstrated capability to mark and authenticate 6 FSGs (66 FSCs) representing a range of sizes, shapes and substrates:
- FSG 59 (Electrical and Electronic Equipment Components)
- FSG 25 (Vehicular Equipment Components)
- FSG 29 (Engine Accessories)
- FSG 47 (Pipe, Tubing, Hose and Fittings)
- FSG 53 (Hardware and Abrasives)
- FSG 31 (Bearings)
Background: Government and Military Programs
- Introduce government and industry to DNA marking, authentication and traceability.
- 3 month subcontract from LMI (on behalf of DLA HQ) to prove feasibility at Altera (San Jose, CA).
- 18 month subcontract from LMI to demonstrate full scale production at Amkor (South Korea) for Altera.
- DLA requirement for procurement of only DNA-marked FSC 5962 microcircuits from qualified suppliers.
- Onboarded 30+ DLA-qualified suppliers of FSC 5962 microcircuits.
- Awarded one year Missile Defense Agency SBIR Phase 1.
- DLA & L&M (Columbus, OH) in-house DNA marking lab opens.
- Awarded two year MDA SBIR Phase 2 and two year OSD RIF.
- Non-DOD Agency asset marking program.
- Support DLA Land & Maritime Continuous Improvement
- Completed Missile Defense Agency SBIR.
- Completed Office of the Secretary of Defense RIF.
- Awarded Non-DOD Agency 5 year Blanket Purchase Agreement.
- Awarded second 2 year OSD RIF
- Pending Proposals
Bearings (FSC 3110, 3210)
Work conducted under the OSD RIF with guidance of DLA Aviation (Richmond, VA) SMEs and commercial industry partners.