Participates in the production and assists in the scale-up of Applied DNA Sciences products using defined methods and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team or individually to complete job requests in a timely fashion.
- Previous production experience is a plus.
- Manipulate DNA and other necessary chemical reagents so as to minimize contamination and produce a successful product.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies of raw materials, disposables, packaging and labeling supplies, and other items necessary for the completion of job requests.
- Responsible for dispensing materials as per batch instructions and departmental requests.
- Adhere to cGMPs and SOPs.
- Proficient in the cleaning and sanitizing of process equipment.
- Responsible for reporting any issues and/or problems, as well as possible solutions, to the Production Manager and/or the Director of Production.
- Uses and maintains equipment and work area in a safe and proper manner.
- Documents production by completing forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment and batches.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Executes core requirements by operating and monitoring equipment; observing varying conditions; adjusting equipment controls; calculating concentrations, dilutions, and yields; adhering to aseptic filtering and filing procedures.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please forward your resume to:
Executive Director Human Resources
Applied DNA Sciences, Inc.
50 Health Sciences Drive
Stony Brook, New York 11790
E-mail: email@example.com (include job title on subject line).