An advanced position to conduct a research and development program within the area of Nucleic Acid Analysis and Assay Development. Create and deploy DNA molecules as tags for different verticals. Provide direction in new technology applications. Provide scientific leadership within field of expertise.
- Utilize conventional PCR, quantitative real time PCR.
- Perform experiments involving molecular methods, especially those involving nucleic acids.
- Develop research objectives; work closely with Sales and Marketing to define and support customer needs.
- Evaluate new analytical technologies or methods.
- Write and review study protocols, SOPs and policies. Assist Quality Department in matters related to ISO review.
- Present findings in-house, to customers and to partners.
- Perform laboratory functions in accordance with all safety guidelines.
- Design Nucleic Acid Analysis kits for specific applications; assist in tech transfer of those kits to manufacturing.
- Ph.D. or MS in life science or biomedical engineering or chemistry is required.
- Industrial Experience a plus.
- Strong Nucleic Acid Analysis/Assay Development experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in an academic laboratory, CRO, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with DNA analysis technologies and familiarity with current bioinformatics tools.
- Superb bench skill and troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and team member with customers and partnering labs.
Please forward your resume to:
Executive Director Human Resources
Applied DNA Sciences, Inc.
50 Health Sciences Drive
Stony Brook, New York 11790
E-mail: email@example.com (include job title on subject line).